WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
We are committed to protecting your privacy and to complying with applicable data protection and privacy laws. This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) explains how personal information you provide is processed when using this website and applies only to users of the DISCOVERDANCE website. This website may contain links to other sites that are outside our control and are not covered by this Statement. If you access other sites using the links provided, the operators of these sites may collect information from you which will be used by them in accordance with their privacy statement. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on other websites you visit. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of linked sites or any use of those sites.
We collect two types of information via our website: Visitor Information and Personal Information.
Personal Information: When you initiate a transaction through the website or complete an online form, as part of the buying and selling process, we may collect the personal information you provide us including your name, phone number, address, email, and credit card information as well as any other information you provide to us, in order to process your transaction. This information is retained only for as long as necessary to fulfill the stated purpose(s), or as required by law. We also collect email addresses of those users who communicate with us via email. This information may be shared with third parties for the same purposes. We encrypt credit card numbers using industry standard technology.
We may use your Personal Information:
• To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests.
• To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding our services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
• To complete and fulfill your purchase, for example, to process your payments, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
• To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, such as to send you newsletters.
• To personalize your experience on our site and in association with our services by presenting products and offers tailored to you, including complementary products and services of our partners.
• To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully.
• To facilitate social sharing functionality.
• For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products and services, enhancing, improving or modifying our products and services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
• As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We do not rent, sell or otherwise disclose personal information about our online visitors in any way not contemplated in this Privacy Statement. If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, or delete Personal Information that has been previously provided by you, you may contact us by logging into your account and making the appropriate changes or by emailing info@DiscoverDance.net. You can opt out of receiving any additional communications from us, or from the sharing of your Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes, by emailing info@DiscoverDance.net.
Visitor Information: When you browse our store and visit our site, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system. Such visitor information is collected on an aggregate basis and includes information such as how many people visit our website, pages people visit, features they use, and how long they stay on the website. Visitor Information is generally gathered using “Cookies”.
“Cookies” are the small files stored on your computer’s hard drive as you use a website. We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. A session ID cookie terminates once a user closes his or her browser. A persistent cookie is a small text file stored on the user’s hard drive for an extended period and must be removed by the user.
You can control acceptance of cookies by modifying your Internet browser preferences. You have the ability to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set or to reject all cookies. Please note that, if you choose to block all cookies, you may not be able to access all or part of our site and may be unable to use those services or engage in activities that require the placement of cookies.
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us info@DiscoverDance.net.
AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
Our online store is hosted by Stripe. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Stripe data storage, databases and the general Stripe application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Stripe may store your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure all associated data is maintained with technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect against loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification and improper disclosure. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
If either Party believes that there has been a disclosure of data in a manner not authorized under this Agreement, such Party will promptly notify the other Party. Additionally, each Party will reasonably assist the other Party in remediating or mitigating any potential damage, including any notification which should be sent to individuals impacted or potentially impacted by such unauthorized disclosure.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., Social Security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, trade union membership or criminal background) on or through the Service or otherwise to us, except where explicitly requested.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us at info@DiscoverDance.net.
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]